In this article you will learn how to monetize YouTube videos and make money from them. The word monetize means to make money from. In this tutorial I will be showing you the step by step process on how to monetize and start making money from your YouTube channel.
Before we get started there are a few things you need to know and understand before getting started.
- Your channel has to be in good standing and cannot have any copyright strikes or YouTube policy violations.
- You must have a Google Adsense account in order to monetize your videos. Signup For Adsense Here
- Some countries are not able to take part in the YouTube partner program and may not be able to monetize their channel.
- You MUST be 18 years or older. (You can have your parents do this if you are younger).
- In order to receive a payment from YouTube you HAVE to make atleast $100.00
Ok, now that we have that stuff out of the way lets look at how to setup our YouTube account to start making money.
1.) The first thing that you need to do is signup and setup a Google Adsnese account. Click Here to go to the sign up page. This is an easy process. All you need to do is provide Google with you street address, name, bank information, and some other personal information to get started.
2.) After you have signed up and have an Adsense account you need to login to your YouTube channel and click on your profile image and username in the upper right hand corner. You should now see a few different options. Click on YouTube Settings.
3.) Once you are under the YouTube settings you can then see the different YouTube features that you have access to. The one that you want to look for is “Monetization”.If you DO NOT see te monetization feature it could mean a number of things. It could be that you don’t have any videos uploaded yet. It could be that you do not have a Google Adsense account, or it could be that you have a strke against your account. Make sure you check all of these things first.
4.) Click on the “Enable” button beside the Monetization tab. Once you do that you will see another option come up that tells you about your account and where it stands, and if it is eligible for monetization features. Click on the “Enable Account Button”.
5.) After you have clicked the “Enable My Account” button you will then be prompted to read and accept the YouTube Monetizations policies and procedures. After you have done that you are ready to begin monetizing your videos.
6.) You will now be taken to your YouTube Video Manager Where all of your videos are. (If you want to learn more about your YouTube Video Manager Go Here). Once you are there you will now see a new icon next to your videos that looks like a money symbol. It should be greyed out, this means that the video is NOT monetized.
7.) The next step is to actually monetize your video. Click on the grey money symbol beside the video that you want to monetize and put ads on. You will then be presented with the monetization panel. Put a check by the “Monetize With Ads” option and then you will see the different types of ads.
8.) Select the ad types that you want and then click on the save changes button in the lower right hand side of the screen. Your video will now have ads placed on it and will begin to make money!
Here are a few things to remember when monetizing your YouTube videos.
- DO NOT just make videos to make money. You will be disappointed and your content will not be any good.
- You MUST have signed up with the same email address for your Adsense account as your YouTube channel to make sure they are linked up.
- You will need to provide your bank account information to Google Adsense so that when you meet the $100.00 threshold you will be paid.
Making money for your time and effort is a great thing and it will allow you to produce content more often and it will be more polished BUT make sure that you are not just putting out videos for a pay check.